Skip to content
Start Main Content

City University of Hong Kong

JS1051

School of Energy and Environment (options: BEng Energy Science and Engineering, BEng Environmental Science and Engineering) 能源及環境學院 [選項: 工學士(能源科學及工程學)、工學士(環境科學及工程學)]

SEE

Short Description

The School performs cutting-edge research and provides professional education on globally hot issues related to energy and the environment. The development of technologies that can generate clean and sustainable energy, as well as studies on the impact on the environment and global climate change from energy use and production, must therefore be at the forefront of energy and environmental research.

To mitigate climate change resulting from the overuse of fossil fuels, governments, industries and business sectors have been gearing up to use technologies focused on energy efficiency and conservation. This is where the School of Energy and Environment, as an educator, steps in to provide the required training.

The School of Energy and Environment currently offers the following majors:

  • BEng Energy Science and Engineering
  • BEng Environmental Science and Engineering

Students start with a common year of foundation study. The content of our programmes covers a wide spectrum of areas, allowing students to explore knowledge in a number of environments. At the beginning of their studies, they develop a broad scientific foundation by studying courses in basic science, covering mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry and biology before they are guided through an in-depth exploration of environment and energy issues. Students declare their majors after completing the foundation courses in the first year.

Admission Arrangements in 2018

JUPAS applicants will be considered for admission to first-year studies at the School of Energy and Environment. Students will enter a major (current major options: Energy Science and Engineering; Environmental Science and Engineering) after one year of study. The top 40% of students# will have a free choice of majors offered by the School. The other 60% of students will be allocated a major within the School, subject to the availability of places and the selection criteria set by individual majors.

# based on CGPA with no failed grades and completion of at least 30 credit units including School required courses

Remarks:

Programme Offering School: School of Energy and Environment

Assessment of Applications

Interview Arrangements

Requirements

  • Programme Entrance Requirements
  • General Entrance Requirements
Core Subjects Minimum Level
CHINESE LANGUAGE 3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE 3
LIBERAL STUDIES 2
MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART 2
Elective Subject(s) Minimum Level
One of the following elective subjects:
ANY 1 SUBJECT 3
One of the following elective subjects:
CHEMISTRY 3
COMBINED SCIENCE WITH CHEMISTRY and PHYSICS COMPONENTS 3
PHYSICS 3

Notes for Elective Subject(s):

  • Mathematics extended modules (M1/M2) and "other languages" (at grade E or above) can be used to meet the elective requirement. If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
  • Applied Learning subjects are not counted as elective subjects.

Core Subjects Minimum Level
CHINESE LANGUAGE 3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE 3
LIBERAL STUDIES 2
MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART 2
Elective Subject(s) Minimum Level
ANY 2 SUBJECTSNotes 3

Notes:

  • Mathematics extended modules (M1/M2) and "other languages" (at grade E or above) can be used to meet the elective requirement. If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
  • Applied Learning subjects are not counted as elective subjects, except for JS1041, JS1042, JS1043, JS1044 and JS1203.
  • Please refer to the programme pages for details.

Remarks:

Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination

CityU accepts repeat results and will count the best results in assessing whether applicants meet the entrance requirements and to calculate admission scores.

First Year Tuition Fee

Contacts

Miss Michelle WONG
Executive Officer
School of Energy and Environment

Email: mmswong@cityu.edu.hk

Tel: 3442-9481

Admissions Office
Online enquiry form: http://www.admo.cityu.edu.hk/enquiry

Tel: 3442-9094

Statistics

Application Statistics (after Modification of Programme Choices)

Year Band A Band B Band C Band D Band E Total
2017 431 481 660 827 614 3013
2016 311 434 758 1038 827 3368
2015 585 814 1229 1638 1342 5608
2014 547 807 1344 1846 1604 6148
2013 959 1281 1873 2623 2258 8994
2012 965 1374 2251 3327 2656 10573

Offer Statistics (as at the Announcement of the Main Round Offer Results)

Year Band A Band B Band C Band D Band E Total
2017 45 7 3 1 2 58
2016 25 10 3 1 1 40
2015 33 7 0 1 2 43
2014 36 5 1 0 1 43
2013 40 5 1 2 1 49
2012 53 14 4 4 1 76
Footnote(s)
The University reserves the right to make changes to the above information from time to time.