The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BSc (Hons) Scheme in Logistics and Enterprise Engineering 物流及企業工程(榮譽)理學士學位組合課程
LOG & ENTERPRISE ENGG
This Scheme embodies the following two honours degree programmes to facilitate a student to choose freely either one of them based on his/her own preference after admission to the University*1.
- BSc(Hons) in Logistics Engineering with Management
- BSc(Hons) in Enterprise Engineering with Management
In today’s globalised and competitive business environment, there are ever-rising customer expectations and an increasingly complex market environment. So, there is a high demand for trained professionals in every successful business to help identify, capture and manage modern business and logistics opportunities. With logistics as an engine and entrepreneurial skills as the value driver for modern enterprises and successful business models, this scheme provides students with the know-how and know-why in the various areas of business processes, information flows, organisational structure, information systems, logistics systems, facility design, supply chain management, and operations management. It also equips our graduates with essential management and information technology skills that are critical for the effective design, planning, and operation of enterprises in the highly competitive omni-channel environment.
The programme in Logistics Engineering with Management specialises in the design, control and execution of logistics systems and related technologies. It has been recognised by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) as a professional engineering degree programme under the Washington Accord*2. The programme in Enterprise Engineering with Management focuses on the integration of engineering, management and information technology to enable an organisation to effectively manage its resources, create competitive advantages, and meet customer expectations and demands. It has been recognised by the Chartered Management Institute mapping to Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership.
Our graduates work in well-established organisations, such as Cathay Pacific, DHL, HKBEA, HSBC, Kerry Logistics, KPMG (one of the biggest auditing firms) and Li & Fung, etc. They typically start their career in a variety of roles, including Business Analyst, Logistics Analyst, Logistics Officer, Corporate Communication Executive, Graduate Trainee, and Management Trainee.
*1 The average admission scores of any best five HKDSE subjects are in the range of 21.7 – 22.7 during the past three years.
*2 The Washington Accord is an international agreement between bodies responsible for the accreditation of tertiary-level engineering qualifications. Currently, it has eighteen signatories, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, and New Zealand.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
There is no compulsory subject requirement. Preferred subjects with the highest weighting for admission score calculation include:
- English; and
Relevant Applied Learning subjects that can be considered for meeting the University entrance requirement and admission score calculation are:
- Aviation Studies;
- Environmental Engineering;
- Food and Beverage Operations;
- Fundamental Health Care;
- Hotel Operations;
- Marketing in Global Trade;
- Mobile and Online Apps Development; and
- Purchasing and Merchandising.
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 2 SUBJECTS||3|
|ANY 1 SUBJECT||3|
|MATHEMATICS EXTENDED MODULE 1 OR 2||3|
Flexibilities on admission selection are available as follows:
- Individual Broad Disciplines (BDs) / degree programmes will accept one relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject for meeting the entrance requirements. An attainment at "Attained with Distinction" level will be required.
- Other Language subjects (i.e. Category C) offered in the HKDSE Examination will be accepted as elective subjects. Grade E or above is required.
- If students have taken both M1 and M2, they will only be considered as one subject and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- Students endorsed by schools for meeting EDB’s specified conditions and having achieved the required grade [i.e. Grade E or above in GCE(A-Level) / GCE(AS-Level) OR Grade C or above in a IGCSE / GCSE / GCE(O-Level) Chinese Language subject or Applied Learning Chinese [ApL(C)] at Attained level or above] will be regarded as obtaining a Level 3 in HKDSE Chinese for meeting our entrance requirements.
- No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- There is no compulsory subject requirement for our programmes. Preferred subjects, if applicable, are listed in the 'Entrance Requirements & Subject Weightings' section of individual programme entries. Satisfactory performance in preferred subjects will have a positive influence on admission selection. However, applicants who have not taken the preferred subjects will still be considered for admission but they may need to take relevant underpinning subjects after admission to PolyU.
- For admission to the BSc(Hons) in Nursing and BSc(Hons) in Mental Health Nursing, students must have Level 3 or above in at least two HKDSE elective subjects from Category A. Please refer to www.hkeaa.edu.hk/en/hkdse/assessment/subject_information/ for details of the HKDSE subject categories.
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
First Year Tuition Fee
Ms Havina Chow, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Tel: 2766 6620
Ms Becky Chan, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Tel: 3400 3838