The Open University of Hong Kong
The Open University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Education with Honours (Chinese Language Teaching) and Bachelor of Language Studies with Honours (Applied Chinese Language Studies) 教育榮譽學士（中國語文教學）及語言研究榮譽學士（應用中國語言）
This programme aims to develop in-depth knowledge on the Chinese language and its application in various bilingual working contexts. The programme leads to the award of two Honours Degrees – by including studies in summer terms, the equivalent of five years of studies can be completed within four years – which provide the professional knowledge and skills required of a fully qualified Chinese language teacher.
Graduates will be recognized by the Education Bureau as having a Chinese language major degree and a teacher qualification specializing in Chinese language education. Graduates can also contribute to the fields of publishing and media, creative industries, and general administration in the civil service, non-government organizations and business sectors.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|One of the following elective subjects:|
|ANY 1 SUBJECT||2|
- HKDSE Category B subjects (Applied Learning) with attainment at “Attained” or above; or Category C subjects (Other Languages) with attainment at grade E or above will be considered as elective subjects.
- Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) applicants, who have met the specified circumstances as announced by the Education Bureau (EDB), can use the following qualifications to replace HKDSE Chinese Language level 3 to meet the entrance requirement for Chinese Language:
- HKDSE Applied Learning Chinese: Attained
- GCE (A-Level /AS-Level) Chinese: Grade E or above
- GCE (O-Level)/ GCSE/ IGCSE Chinese: Grade E or above
- Some programmes may give higher weighting or preference for certain elective subjects in admission selection. Please refer to the ‘Programme Information’ for details or click here.
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
The University will calculate the best grades attained by an applicant from the most current two sittings of HKDSE taken by the applicant. There is no grade penalty for multiple sittings.
First Year Tuition FeeUpdated
Estimated Programme Fees:
First year: HK$73,590
Whole Programme: HK$367,980
Estimated Programme Fees after deduction of the Government’s non-means-tested subsidy in the amount of HK$30,800 per year, if applicable:
First year: HK$42,790
Whole Programme: HK$244,780
- The estimated composite tuition/programme fees listed above are for reference only. The rate is subject to approval. Tuition fees are charged according to the number of course credits taken by a student. A student will normally take 40 credits in an academic year.
- The composite tuition/programme fees listed above have included laboratory/ practicum/ immersion course fee, etc., if applicable.
- Students, who fulfilled the stipulated requirements set by the Education Bureau, are eligible for the Government’s non-means-tested (NMT) annual subsidy. For details of the scheme and eligibility, please visit http://www.cspe.edu.hk/content/nmt-annual-subsidy.
- A student’s eligibility for the NMT subsidy and the subsidy amount (HK$30,800) allocated in an academic year is subject to EDB’s final discretion.