The Open University of Hong Kong
The Open University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Science with Honours in Testing Science and Certification 檢測科學和認證榮譽理學士
BSc(Hons)Test Sci & Cert
This programme is designed for students who are particular interested in food, environmental protection, chemical or microbiological testing and certification. The aims of the programme are to provide students with analytical, technical, theoretical and practical knowledge in aspects of testing science and certification; and equip them to play a key role in the industry.
Graduates will acquire a broad knowledge of the concepts, techniques, and tools in testing science and certification. Graduates will find career opportunities in a broad range of testing and certification industries. Typical positions include testing specialist, testing technician, production supervisors, quality controller, merchandiser, etc.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|One of the following elective subjects:|
|ANY 1 SUBJECT||2|
- HKDSE Category B subjects (Applied Learning) with attainment at “Attained” or above; or Category C subjects (Other Languages) with attainment at grade E or above will be considered as elective subjects.
- Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) applicants, who have met the specified circumstances as announced by the Education Bureau (EDB), can use the following qualifications to replace HKDSE Chinese Language level 3 to meet the entrance requirement for Chinese Language:
- HKDSE Applied Learning Chinese: Attained
- GCE (A-Level /AS-Level) Chinese: Grade E or above
- GCE (O-Level)/ GCSE/ IGCSE Chinese: Grade E or above
- Some programmes may give higher weighting or preference for certain elective subjects in admission selection. Please refer to the ‘Programme Information’ for details or click here.
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
The University will calculate the best grades attained by an applicant from the most current two sittings of HKDSE taken by the applicant. There is no grade penalty for multiple sittings.
First Year Tuition FeeUpdated
Estimated Programme Fees:
First year: HK$77,290
Whole Programme: HK$309,160
Estimated Programme Fees after deduction of the Government’s non-means-tested subsidy in the amount of HK$30,800 per year, if applicable:
First year: HK$46,490
Whole Programme: HK$185,960
- The estimated composite tuition/programme fees listed above are for reference only. The rate is subject to approval. Tuition fees are charged according to the number of course credits taken by a student. A student will normally take 40 credits in an academic year.
- The composite tuition/programme fees listed above have included laboratory/ practicum/ immersion course fee, etc., if applicable.
- Students, who fulfilled the stipulated requirements set by the Education Bureau, are eligible for the Government’s non-means-tested (NMT) annual subsidy. For details of the scheme and eligibility, please visit http://www.cspe.edu.hk/content/nmt-annual-subsidy.
- A student’s eligibility for the NMT subsidy and the subsidy amount (HK$30,800) allocated in an academic year is subject to EDB’s final discretion.