The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BA (Hons) Scheme in Fashion (Fashion Design / Knitwear Design / Contour Fashion and Activewear / Fashion Business / Fashion Innovation and Technology) 時裝(榮譽)文學士組合課程 (時裝設計 / 針織時裝設計 / 內衣及運動服裝 / 時裝商務 / 時裝創新及科技)
The general aim of the programme is to train competent professionals for the fashion business, equipping them to work in fashion related fields, such as design, apparel, marketing, retailing and related organisations. These professionals play an active role in the development of the global fashion and textiles industry in local and overseas markets. In addition to cultivating students' professional competencies, the programme enhances their other essential competencies, such as artificial intelligence, digital design, data analytics in fashion, fashion sustainability, entrepreneurship, social media marketing, and business analytics. This expands graduates’ skillsets to meet the needs of today’s business environment. They excel in leadership, teamwork, healthy lifestyle practices and lifelong learning; they become trend leaders, innovators, critical thinkers and creative problem solvers; and they gain effective communication and interpersonal skills. They are highly proficient in biliteracy and trilingualism, and become educated global and ethical leaders who promote social and national responsibility, engage in local and international affairs, act as responsible global citizens, and exhibit cultural and aesthetic appreciation with a global perspective.
- Students will be awarded one of the following degrees upon successful completion of the programme’s graduation requirements.
- BA (Hons) in Fashion (Fashion Design)
- BA (Hons) in Fashion (Knitwear Design)
- BA (Hons) in Fashion (Contour Fashion and Activewear)
- BA (Hons) in Fashion (Fashion Business)
- BA (Hons) in Fashion (Fashion Innovation and Technology)
- Students select a specialism at the end of their Year One. Admission to a specialism is subject to assessment criteria including students’ preferences, GPA, and interview performance.
- Students opting not to be streamed into any specialism will obtain a BA (Hons) in Fashion.
- Students may also enrol in a Secondary Major in AI and Data Analytics (AIDA) or in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IE). Admission to the Secondary Major is on a competitive basis and these programmes have different credit requirements for graduation. Please see the Secondary Major Details section for more information.
- Students opting for a Secondary Major will not be streamed into a specialism.
- To recognise the outstanding academic performance of HKDSE students, the department will grant entry scholarships to eligible HKDSE students admitted to the scheme via JUPAS. The award criteria for the scholarship are in the information sheet, which is subject to change and will be announced on this website in due course.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
There is no compulsory subject requirement. Preferred subjects with the highest weighting for admission score calculation include:
- Visual Arts
Relevant Applied Learning subjects that can be considered for meeting the University entrance requirement and admission score calculation are:
- Accounting for E-Business
- Accounting in Practice
- Applied Business Research
- Applied Psychology
- Computer Game and Animation Design
- Creative Advertising
- Data Application for Business / Business Data Analysis
- Digital Comic Design and Production
- Display and Jewellery Design
- Entrepreneurship for SME
- Environmental Engineering
- Exercise and Fitness Coaching / Sports and Fitness Coaching
- Exercise Science and Health Fitness
- Exploring Psychology
- Fashion Image Design / Fashion and Image Design
- Film and Transmedia
- Film and Video / Film and Video Studies
- Fundamental Cosmetology
- Fundamental Health Care
- Health and Beauty Keeping in TCM
- Health Care Practice
- Image Design
- Innovative Product Design
- Interior Design
- Internet of Everything Application
- Jewellery and Accessories Design
- Jewellery Arts and Design
- Magazine Editing and Production
- Marketing and Online Promotion
- Marketing in Global Trade
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Mobile and Online Apps Development
- Multimedia Entertainment Studies
- New Media Communication Strategies
- PR and Multimedia Communication
- Practical Accounting for SMEs
- Practical Psychology
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Public Relations and Communication
- Purchasing and Merchandising
- Retail Management
- Sports Coaching and Management
- Tech Basics
- The Essentials of Dramatic Arts / The Essentials of Theatre Arts
- Understanding Financial Services
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 2 SUBJECTS||3|
|ANY 1 SUBJECT||3|
|MATHEMATICS EXTENDED MODULE 1 OR 2||3|
Flexibilities on admission selection are available as follows:
- Individual schemes / programmes will accept one relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject for meeting the entrance requirements. An attainment at Attained with Distinction (I) level or above / Attained with Distinction (obtained in 2017 or before) is required.
- Other Language subjects (i.e. Category C) offered in the HKDSE Examination will be accepted as elective subjects. Grade E or above is required.
- If students have taken both M1 and M2, they will only be considered as one subject and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- Students endorsed by schools for meeting EDB’s specified circumstances and having achieved the required grade in Chinese in one of the following examinations will be regarded as obtaining a Level 3 in HKDSE Chinese for meeting our entrance requirements:
Exam Level Min. Grade GCE O-Level C GCSE N/A C / 4 IGCSE N/A C / 4 HKDSE ApL(C) N/A Attained GCE A-Level E GCE AS-Level E
- No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- There is no compulsory subject requirement for our schemes / programmes. Preferred subjects, if applicable, are listed in the 'Entrance Requirements & Subject Weightings' section of individual scheme / programme entries. Satisfactory performance in preferred subjects will have a positive influence on admission selection. However, applicants who have not taken the preferred subjects will still be considered for admission but they may need to take relevant underpinning subjects after admission to PolyU.
- For admission to Scheme in Nursing, the BSc (Hons) in Nursing and BSc (Hons) in Mental Health Nursing, students must have Level 3 or above in at least two HKDSE elective subjects from Category A. Please click here for details of the HKDSE subject categories.
- The study places offered by PolyU through JUPAS are intended primarily for admission of local school leavers. Applicants who are studying a scheme / programme or have attained qualifications at the same or above level as the schemes / programmes for which they are applying will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note that local and non-local applicants are considered under different admission routes with different intake quotas. Non-local applicants seeking admission on the basis of HKDSE results should submit their applications directly to PolyU. Please click here for details on the admission requirements for non-local applicants.
- Applicants who fall short slightly on the general entrance requirements of our schemes / programmes but meet the following conditions will be specially considered for admission:
a) with one HKDSE subject result falling one level below the required level but with an admission score at least one point higher than the scheme-based average score for the best 5 HKDSE subjects of the last admissions exercise; and
b) have selected PolyU’s schemes / programmes as their Band A choices i.e. first 3 priorities, in JUPAS.
- The flexibility for special consideration for admission is extended to sports talents under the Outstanding Sportsmen Recommendation Schemes (OSRS), applicants being nominated under Multi-faceted Excellence Scholarship (MES) / School Principal’s Nominations (SPN), as well as applicants with outstanding achievements in Other Experiences and Achievements in Competitions / Activities (OEA). Conditional offers with more favorable conditions will be issued to the applicants concerned.
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
First Year Tuition Fee