The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BBA (Hons) Scheme in Accounting and Finance 會計及金融(榮譽)工商管理學士組合課程
ACCT & FINANCE
The BBA (Hons) Scheme in Accounting and Finance comprises the following awards. It gives students the flexibility to decide on a final award in their first year of study.
BBA (Hons) in Accountancy
This programme provides students with a well-rounded business education and the opportunity to specialise in accounting. They are provided with the integrated academic foundation necessary to pursue careers as accountants, developing the required competencies, independence of mind, objectivity, and ethical awareness.
BBA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
The aim of this programme is to capitalise on the synergy between accounting and finance to prepare students to become competent accountants with a sound knowledge of finance. The programme provides a well-rounded business education and the opportunity to specialise in accounting and finance. Students develop strong skills in accounting and finance, including accounting and financial analysis, control and risk management, and corporate governance and ethics.
BBA (Hons) in Financial Services
The financial services industry is a major pillar of modern business. It deals with the efficient flow of funds between business units. This programme provides a well-rounded business education and the opportunity to specialise in financial services. Students develop strong analytical skills and critical thinking through rigorous training in finance and associated disciplines.
- Students will be awarded one of the following awards upon successful completion of the graduation requirements of the programme concerned:
- BBA (Hons) in Accountancy
- BBA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
- BBA (Hons) in Financial Services
- Students are subject to further assessment criteria such as GPA in selection of awards at the end of their Year One study.
- The option of Secondary Major in AI and Data Analytics (AIDA) is available to the students of BBA (Hons) Scheme in Accounting and Finance. Admission to the Secondary Major is on competitive basis and subject to a different credit requirement for graduation.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
- English Language
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 2 SUBJECTS||3|
|ANY 1 SUBJECT||3|
|MATHEMATICS EXTENDED MODULE 1 OR 2||3|
Flexibilities on admission selection are available as follows:
- Individual schemes / programmes will accept one relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject for meeting the entrance requirements. An attainment at Attained with Distinction (I) level or above / Attained with Distinction (obtained in 2017 or before) is required.
- Other Language subjects (i.e. Category C) offered in the HKDSE Examination will be accepted as elective subjects. Grade E or above is required.
- If students have taken both M1 and M2, they will only be considered as one subject and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- Students endorsed by schools for meeting EDB’s specified circumstances and having achieved the required grade in Chinese in one of the following examinations will be regarded as obtaining a Level 3 in HKDSE Chinese for meeting our entrance requirements:
Exam Level Min. Grade GCE O-Level C GCSE N/A C / 4 IGCSE N/A C / 4 HKDSE ApL(C) N/A Attained GCE A-Level E GCE AS-Level E
- No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- There is no compulsory subject requirement for our schemes / programmes. Preferred subjects, if applicable, are listed in the 'Entrance Requirements & Subject Weightings' section of individual scheme / programme entries. Satisfactory performance in preferred subjects will have a positive influence on admission selection. However, applicants who have not taken the preferred subjects will still be considered for admission but they may need to take relevant underpinning subjects after admission to PolyU.
- For admission to Scheme in Nursing, the BSc (Hons) in Nursing and BSc (Hons) in Mental Health Nursing, students must have Level 3 or above in at least two HKDSE elective subjects from Category A. Please click here for details of the HKDSE subject categories.
- The study places offered by PolyU through JUPAS are intended primarily for admission of local school leavers. Applicants who are studying a scheme / programme or have attained qualifications at the same or above level as the schemes / programmes for which they are applying will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note that local and non-local applicants are considered under different admission routes with different intake quotas. Non-local applicants seeking admission on the basis of HKDSE results should submit their applications directly to PolyU. Please click here for details on the admission requirements for non-local applicants.
- Applicants who fall short slightly on the general entrance requirements of our schemes / programmes but meet the following conditions will be specially considered for admission:-
a) with one HKDSE subject result falling one level below the required level but attain a total score of 26 points# (subject to review) or above in the best five subjects;
b) have selected PolyU’s schemes / programmes as their Band A choices i.e. first 3 priorities, in JUPAS; and
c) passed an admission interview.
- The flexibility for special consideration for admission is extended to sports talents under the Outstanding Sportsmen Recommendation Schemes (OSRS). Conditional offers with more favourable conditions will be issued to the applicants concerned.
#HKDSE level attainments will be converted to score points where level 5** = 8.5, 5*=7, 5=5.5, 4=4, 3=3, 2=2, 1=1 and Unclassified=0
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
First Year Tuition Fee
*As the 2022/23 academic year is the beginning of the 2022/23 - 2024/25 triennium for which the allocation of UGC-funded places are still subject to the Government's approval, the number of intake places shown above is indicative only and subject to changes or confirmation.