The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BEng (Hons) Scheme in Building Sciences and Engineering 建築科學及工程學(榮譽)工學士組合課程
BLDG SCI & ENGG
We nurture graduates with the technical and academic competence needed to excel in building sciences and engineering / building services engineering.
This programme meets the demand for locally trained building/building services engineers with expertise in the fields of consultancy, contracting, building management, and research and development.
Our graduates also have a broad range of personal skills, such as the ability to communicate effectively, think critically, learn independently, and address new problems innovatively.
- The BEng (Hons) Scheme in Building Sciences and Engineering [建築科學及工程學(榮譽)工學士組合課程] comprises the following awards:
- BEng (Hons) in Building Sciences and Engineering [建築科學及工程學(榮譽)工學士]
- BEng (Hons) in Building Sciences and Engineering [建築科學及工程學(榮譽)工學士] with the specialism of Building Services Engineering [屋宇設備工程學]
- Without being subject to further assessment, students are allowed to enrol on a major of Building Sciences and Engineering with/without the specialism of Building Services Engineering depending on the student’s choices of elective subjects.
- The options of Secondary Major in Innovation and Entrepreneurship and AI and Data Analytics are available to the students of BEng (Hons) in Building Sciences and Engineering. Admission to the Secondary Major is on competitive basis and subject to a different credit requirement for graduation.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
- English Language
- Combined Science: Biology + Physics
- Combined Science: Physics + Chemistry
Relevant Applied Learning subjects that can be considered for meeting the University entrance requirement and admission score calculation are:
- Building Facilities Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 2 SUBJECTS||3|
|ANY 1 SUBJECT||3|
|MATHEMATICS EXTENDED MODULE 1 OR 2||3|
Flexibilities on admission selection are available as follows:
- Individual schemes / programmes will accept one relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject for meeting the entrance requirements. An attainment at Attained with Distinction (I) level or above / Attained with Distinction (obtained in 2017 or before) is required.
- Other Language subjects (i.e. Category C) offered in the HKDSE Examination will be accepted as elective subjects. Grade E or above is required.
- If students have taken both M1 and M2, they will only be considered as one subject and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- Students endorsed by schools for meeting EDB’s specified circumstances and having achieved the required grade in Chinese in one of the following examinations will be regarded as obtaining a Level 3 in HKDSE Chinese for meeting our entrance requirements:
Exam Level Min. Grade GCE O-Level C GCSE N/A C / 4 IGCSE N/A C / 4 HKDSE ApL(C) N/A Attained GCE A-Level E GCE AS-Level E
- No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- There is no compulsory subject requirement for our schemes / programmes. Preferred subjects, if applicable, are listed in the 'Entrance Requirements & Subject Weightings' section of individual scheme / programme entries. Satisfactory performance in preferred subjects will have a positive influence on admission selection. However, applicants who have not taken the preferred subjects will still be considered for admission but they may need to take relevant underpinning subjects after admission to PolyU.
- For admission to Scheme in Nursing, the BSc (Hons) in Nursing and BSc (Hons) in Mental Health Nursing, students must have Level 3 or above in at least two HKDSE elective subjects from Category A. Please click here for details of the HKDSE subject categories.
- The study places offered by PolyU through JUPAS are intended primarily for admission of local school leavers. Applicants who are studying a scheme / programme or have attained qualifications at the same or above level as the schemes / programmes for which they are applying will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note that local and non-local applicants are considered under different admission routes with different intake quotas. Non-local applicants seeking admission on the basis of HKDSE results should submit their applications directly to PolyU. Please click here for details on the admission requirements for non-local applicants.
- Applicants who fall short slightly on the general entrance requirements of our schemes / programmes but meet the following conditions will be specially considered for admission:-
a) with one HKDSE subject result falling one level below the required level but attain a total score of 26 points# or above in the best five subjects;
b) have selected PolyU’s schemes / programmes as their Band A choices i.e. first 3 priorities, in JUPAS; and
c) passed an admission interview.
- The flexibility for special consideration for admission is extended to sports talents under the Outstanding Sportsmen Recommendation Schemes (OSRS), applicants being nominated under Multi-faceted Excellence Scholarship (MES) / School Principal’s Nominations (SPN), as well as applicants with outstanding achievements in Other Experiences and Achievements in Competitions / Activities (OEA). Conditional offers with more favorable conditions will be issued to the applicants concerned.
#HKDSE level attainments will be converted to score points where level 5** = 8.5, 5*=7, 5=5.5, 4=4, 3=3, 2=2, 1=1 and Unclassified=0
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
First Year Tuition Fee