The Education University of Hong Kong
The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) is a publicly funded tertiary university dedicated to the advancement of teaching and learning, through a diverse offering of academic and research programmes on teacher education and complementary social sciences and humanities disciplines.
We nurture educators and social leaders who are intellectually active, socially caring, and globally aware, to become agents of change in the communities that they serve. We place great emphasis on research capability — our research will contribute to the advancement of knowledge, scholarship and innovation, with sustainable impact on social progress and human betterment.
EdUHK aims to be a leading university on education, creating an impact and defining the education landscape not only for Hong Kong but also the Asia Pacific region.
We will further enhance our role as a leading university in the Asia Pacific region and beyond, with a focus on educational research, development and innovation. We will continue to raise our profile and impact locally, regionally and internationally through our high quality research and scholarship. We are committed to nurturing outstanding and caring educators and professionals who contribute constructively to sustainable social and economic development in Hong Kong and beyond.
Committed to the Education-plus approach, our primary mission is to lead educational innovation, and to promote and support the strategic development of teaching, teacher education and disciplines complementary to education by preparing outstanding and morally responsible educators and professionals while supporting their lifelong learning.
- provide a multidisciplinary learning and research environment beyond education that is conducive to intellectual pursuits, free thinking and speech, advocacy of policy and practice, and the promotion of collaboration and diversity;
- enhance professional teacher and teaching education programmes and programmes in disciplines complementary to education with innovative curricula which will enrich students’ experiences and enable them to realise their personal potential as well as their educational and career goals;
- prepare our students to become educators and professionals who can integrate theory and practice, and who are creative, innovative, intellectually active, entrepreneurial, socially caring and globally aware;
- foster a vibrant research culture and environment which contributes to the advancement of knowledge, scholarship and innovation, with a sustainable impact on social progress and human betterment; and
- engage in knowledge transfer activities which contribute to the development of the University and the wider community while serving the needs of educational and social development locally, regionally and internationally.
Our Core Values
- Moral responsibility
- Societal caring
- Global awareness