The Education University of Hong Kong
The Education University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Sports Science and Coaching 運動科學及教練榮譽理學士
This programme transforms students into professional coaches through the following iconic features:
- The internship training opportunities in overseas, renowned Greater Bay Area and Hong Kong sports organizations will provide a great chance for students to have a dialogue with sports leaders, build connections, enrich knowledge and skills, and lay a foundation for the future careers;
- Innovative integration of the subject knowledge of sports science, coaching, technology, and life education provides comprehensive training leading to a wide range of career paths; and
- Teaching cutting-edge knowledge by a professional team with leading roles in the sports and life education fields allows students to keep ahead of peers and seize opportunities, striving for success and excellence in the academic field(s) and workplace.
EdUHK Self-Nomination Admissions Scheme
To learn more, please check out at www.apply.eduhk.hk/ug/selfnom.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
Priority consideration will be given to applicants who have taken HKDSE Biology / Physical Education.
Preferred subjects with the highest weighting for admission score calculation include Biology or Physical Education.
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 1 SUBJECTNote||2|
Note: excluding Applied Learning Chinese
(1) "Attained with Distinction" in an Applied Learning subject (Category B) will be regarded as having met the requirement of an elective subject. "Attained with Distinction"/"Attained with Distinction (I)" are comparable to Level 3 while "Attained with Distinction (II)" is comparable to Level 4 of the Senior Secondary Subjects (Category A).
(2) "Attained" level will be regarded as a value-added factor to be considered in totality with the Student Learning Profile (SLP) for the purpose of admission.
(3) Other Language subjects (Category C) will be accepted as unspecified elective subjects. The minimum requirement is Grade E.
(4) For non-Chinese speaking (NCS) students who have met the specified circumstances as announced by the Education Bureau (EDB), the University accepts alternative qualifications in Chinese Language (only those under GCE, GCSE, IGCSE, and DSE Applied Learning Chinese (for NCS students)) for the purpose of meeting the minimum entrance requirements. For programmes which require students to have possessed a good command of Chinese including BEd(Chinese Language) and BA in Language Studies (Chinese major), waiver of the DSE Chinese Language requirement will not be granted.
(5) Mathematics Extended Part (i.e. Module 1 (M1) / Module 2 (M2)) will be counted as an elective subject for the purpose of meeting the general entrance requirements with effect from 2020/21, but cannot be used as a substitute for the Mathematics Compulsory Part. In case applicants have taken both M1 and M2, only the module with best result will be taken into consideration.
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
"Combined sittings" is allowed for HKDSE in the calculation of admission scores. If an applicant has taken the examination in a subject more than once, only the best result for that subject will be counted. No score deduction for repeated subjects.
First Year Tuition Fee
As the 2022/23 academic year is the beginning of the 2022/23 - 2024/25 triennium for which the allocation of UGC-funded places is still subject to the Government's approval, the number of intake places shown above is indicative only and subject to changes or confirmation.