The information in this page (except Statistics) is provided by the institution. Should there be any discrepancies between information listed here and on the institutions' websites, the latter shall prevail.
Please contact the respective institution directly if you have any enquiries.
Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) - Government and International Affairs 社會科學(榮譽)學士 - 政府與國際事務學
BSocSc (Hons) Gov't & IA
Lingnan University Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) - Government and International Affairs Undergraduate Programme aims at cultivating students’ thorough understanding about the uses, acquisition, and distribution of power as well as analytical skills which allow them to meet the challenges in a complex and rapidly-changing world. Its courses cover the areas of Chinese politics, Hong Kong politics, East Asian politics, comparative politics, international politics, political behaviour, and domestic politics and international relations of Asia Pacific.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
|CITIZENSHIP AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENTNote2
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PARTNote3
|Two of the following elective subjects:
|ANY 2 SUBJECTSNote4
Note1: For applicants who have studied Chinese Language for less than six years while receiving primary and secondary education; or those who have learned Chinese Language for six years or more in schools, which adopts an adapted and simpler Chinese Language curriculum not otherwise applicable to the majority of students in local schools, the University will accept the following as an alternative to the HKDSE Chinese Language:
(i) Grade E or above in the alternative Chinese Language qualifications of GCE A-Level/AS-Level; or
(ii) Grade C or 4 or above in the alternative Chinese Language qualifications of GCE O-Level/GCSE/IGCSE; or
(iii) “Attained” or above in Applied Learning Chinese.
- The above subjects refer to Category A subjects.
- Applied Learning subjects in Category B may be recognised as electives/bonus score/tie-breakers by individual programmes. For more details, please visit the undergraduate admissions website of Lingnan University (https://www.ln.edu.hk/admissions/ug).
- Other Language subjects in Category C will be recognised as unspecified elective subjects. The minimum requirement is Grade E.
- Passes in HKDSE subjects can be obtained at one or more sittings. The best grade for a subject will be used in the calculation of the score in case of multiple attempts. There is no penalty or mark deduction for repeated sittings of a subject.
Note2: Applicants with Level 2 or above in A040 Liberal Studies subject may use A040 as the alternative of the core subject requirement of A045 Citizenship and Social Development subject.
Note3: For Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Data Science, the Minimum Level for Mathematics Compulsory Part is 3.
Note4: The Mathematics Extended Parts (M1/M2) is recognised as an elective subject for the purpose of meeting the University's GERs.
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
Passes in HKDSE subjects can be obtained at one or more sittings. The best grade for a subject will be used in the calculation of the score in case of multiple attempts. There is no penalty or mark deduction for repeated sittings of a subject.
First Year Tuition Fee
Application Statistics (after Modification of Programme Choices)
Offer Statistics (as at the Announcement of the Main Round Offer Results)