The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BBA (Hons) Scheme in Management and Marketing 管理及市場學(榮譽)工商管理學士組合課程
MGT & MARKETING
Learning and teaching are our core activities. We are committed to nurturing our students' professional competence and supporting their all-round development.
Students complete some General University Requirements core and fundamental business subjects at an early stage. They then choose one of the following awards as their specialism for graduation.
BBA (Hons) in Management
Management skills are crucial for all business professionals. As an area of study, management is concerned with how to get the best out of people and other resources.
This programme provides students with a well-rounded business education and training in general management, along with the opportunity to specialise in human resource management. Students are equipped with a wide range of management skills, giving them the potential to become business leaders in Hong Kong, in the Chinese mainland and the region.
BBA (Hons) in Marketing
This programme provides students with a well-rounded business education, centred on marketing. They gain competence in the analysis, planning, implementation, and control of marketing decisions; analytical and research skills; the ability to communicate, interact, and intervene to fulfil the integrative function of marketing; appreciation of the responsibilities of marketing professionals within broader environmental and international contexts; and literacy in the use of information systems and technologies relevant to marketing.
All students within the Faculty of Business are encouraged to participate in a range of extracurricular activities, such as leadership training camps, peer tutoring, and mentorship.
If students wish, and subject to availability, they can spend a semester studying at another university overseas or in mainland China, with the credits counted towards their PolyU degree.
- All students must complete a short work placement during their studies, either in summer or during the semester. The Department provides assistance in finding suitable placements.
- Students will be awarded one of the following awards upon successful completion of the graduation requirements of the programme concerned:
- BBA (Hons) in Management
- BBA (Hons) in Marketing
- Students are subject to further assessment criteria i.e., students' own choice, GPA and individual subject results at the end of their Year One study.
- The option of Secondary Major in Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics is available to the students of BBA (Hons) in Management, and BBA (Hons) in Marketing. Admission to the Secondary Major is on competitive basis and subject to a different credit requirement for graduation.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
- English Language
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 2 SUBJECTS||3|
|ANY 1 SUBJECT||3|
|MATHEMATICS EXTENDED MODULE 1 OR 2||3|
Flexibilities on admission selection are available as follows:
- Individual schemes / programmes will accept one relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject for meeting the entrance requirements. An attainment at Attained with Distinction (I) level or above / Attained with Distinction (obtained in 2017 or before) is required.
- Other Language subjects (i.e. Category C) offered in the HKDSE Examination will be accepted as elective subjects. Grade E or above is required.
- If students have taken both M1 and M2, they will only be considered as one subject and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- Students endorsed by schools for meeting EDB’s specified circumstances and having achieved the required grade in Chinese in one of the following examinations will be regarded as obtaining a Level 3 in HKDSE Chinese for meeting our entrance requirements:
Exam Level Min. Grade GCE O-Level C GCSE N/A C / 4 IGCSE N/A C / 4 HKDSE ApL(C) N/A Attained GCE A-Level E GCE AS-Level E
- No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- There is no compulsory subject requirement for our schemes / programmes. Preferred subjects, if applicable, are listed in the 'Entrance Requirements & Subject Weightings' section of individual scheme / programme entries. Satisfactory performance in preferred subjects will have a positive influence on admission selection. However, applicants who have not taken the preferred subjects will still be considered for admission but they may need to take relevant underpinning subjects after admission to PolyU.
- For admission to Scheme in Nursing, the BSc (Hons) in Nursing and BSc (Hons) in Mental Health Nursing, students must have Level 3 or above in at least two HKDSE elective subjects from Category A. Please click here for details of the HKDSE subject categories.
- The study places offered by PolyU through JUPAS are intended primarily for admission of local school leavers. Applicants who are studying a scheme / programme or have attained qualifications at the same or above level as the schemes / programmes for which they are applying will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note that local and non-local applicants are considered under different admission routes with different intake quotas. Non-local applicants seeking admission on the basis of HKDSE results should submit their applications directly to PolyU. Please click here for details on the admission requirements for non-local applicants.
- Applicants who fall short slightly on the general entrance requirements of our schemes / programmes but meet the following conditions will be specially considered for admission:-
a) with one HKDSE subject result falling one level below the required level but attain a total score of 26 points# or above in the best five subjects;
b) have selected PolyU’s schemes / programmes as their Band A choices i.e. first 3 priorities, in JUPAS; and
c) passed an admission interview.
- The flexibility for special consideration for admission is extended to sports talents under the Outstanding Sportsmen Recommendation Schemes (OSRS), applicants being nominated under Multi-faceted Excellence Scholarship (MES) / School Principal’s Nominations (SPN), as well as applicants with outstanding achievements in Other Experiences and Achievements in Competitions / Activities (OEA). Conditional offers with more favorable conditions will be issued to the applicants concerned.
#HKDSE level attainments will be converted to score points where level 5** = 8.5, 5*=7, 5=5.5, 4=4, 3=3, 2=2, 1=1 and Unclassified=0
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
First Year Tuition Fee