The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BSc (Hons) Scheme in Spatial Data Science and Smart Cities - BSc (Hons) in Land Surveying and Geo-Informatics 空間數據科學及智慧城市(榮譽)理學士組合課程 - 土地測量及地理資訊學(榮譽)理學士
LAND SURV & GEO-INFO
This programme provides a unique and inter-disciplinary land surveying and geo-informatics (LSGI) education in Hong Kong that meets the societal demands. We nurture students to develop essential knowledge in our theme/scheme: spatial data science and smart cities. The theme/scheme then extends to application areas and job market, such as survey and mapping, transportation and logistics, environmental, socio-economic, commercial, engineering surveying and underground utility imaging & diagnosis. The programme is fully accredited by the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors and other related local/international professional bodies which allows our graduates to pursue professional path. Over the years, about 40% of our students gain various international learning experience like exchange and internship. Our inter-disciplinary curriculum is the only one in Hong Kong, equipping graduates for tackling various challenges in the society and future smart cities.
- The programme BSc (Hons) in Land Surveying and Geo-Informatics will be offered under the said scheme.
- Students will be awarded the following award upon successful completion of the graduation requirements of the programme concerned:
- BSc (Hons) in Land Surveying and Geo-Informatics 土地測量及地理資訊學(榮譽)理學士
- The option of Secondary Major in AI and Data Analytics (AIDA) is available to the students of BSc (Hons) in Land Surveying and Geo-Informatics. Admission to the Secondary Major is on competitive basis and subject to a different credit requirement for graduation.
- Programme Entrance Requirements
- General Entrance Requirements
- English Language
- Mathematics (Extended part - Calculus and Statistics)
- Mathematics (Extended part - Algebra and Calculus)
- Combined Science: Biology + Physics
- Combined Science: Physics + Chemistry
- Information and Communication Technology
- Integrated Science
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 2 SUBJECTS||3|
|ANY 1 SUBJECT||3|
|MATHEMATICS EXTENDED MODULE 1 OR 2||3|
Flexibilities on admission selection are available as follows:
- Individual schemes / programmes will accept one relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject for meeting the entrance requirements. An attainment at Attained with Distinction (I) level or above / Attained with Distinction (obtained in 2017 or before) is required.
- Other Language subjects (i.e. Category C) offered in the HKDSE Examination will be accepted as elective subjects. Grade E or above is required.
- If students have taken both M1 and M2, they will only be considered as one subject and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- Students endorsed by schools for meeting EDB’s specified circumstances and having achieved the required grade in Chinese in one of the following examinations will be regarded as obtaining a Level 3 in HKDSE Chinese for meeting our entrance requirements:
Exam Level Min. Grade GCE O-Level C GCSE N/A C / 4 IGCSE N/A C / 4 HKDSE ApL(C) N/A Attained GCE A-Level E GCE AS-Level E
- No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
- There is no compulsory subject requirement for our schemes / programmes. Preferred subjects, if applicable, are listed in the 'Entrance Requirements & Subject Weightings' section of individual scheme / programme entries. Satisfactory performance in preferred subjects will have a positive influence on admission selection. However, applicants who have not taken the preferred subjects will still be considered for admission but they may need to take relevant underpinning subjects after admission to PolyU.
- For admission to Scheme in Nursing, the BSc (Hons) in Nursing and BSc (Hons) in Mental Health Nursing, students must have Level 3 or above in at least two HKDSE elective subjects from Category A. Please click here for details of the HKDSE subject categories.
- The study places offered by PolyU through JUPAS are intended primarily for admission of local school leavers. Applicants who are studying a scheme / programme or have attained qualifications at the same or above level as the schemes / programmes for which they are applying will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note that local and non-local applicants are considered under different admission routes with different intake quotas. Non-local applicants seeking admission on the basis of HKDSE results should submit their applications directly to PolyU. Please click here for details on the admission requirements for non-local applicants.
- Applicants who fall short slightly on the general entrance requirements of our schemes / programmes but meet the following conditions will be specially considered for admission:-
a) with one HKDSE subject result falling one level below the required level but attain a total score of 26 points# or above in the best five subjects;
b) have selected PolyU’s schemes / programmes as their Band A choices i.e. first 3 priorities, in JUPAS; and
c) passed an admission interview.
- The flexibility for special consideration for admission is extended to sports talents under the Outstanding Sportsmen Recommendation Schemes (OSRS), applicants being nominated under Multi-faceted Excellence Scholarship (MES) / School Principal’s Nominations (SPN), as well as applicants with outstanding achievements in Other Experiences and Achievements in Competitions / Activities (OEA). Conditional offers with more favorable conditions will be issued to the applicants concerned.
#HKDSE level attainments will be converted to score points where level 5** = 8.5, 5*=7, 5=5.5, 4=4, 3=3, 2=2, 1=1 and Unclassified=0
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE Examination
No penalty is applied to applicants with multiple attempts in HKDSE Examination. Similar subjects are considered once and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
First Year Tuition Fee