General Entrance Requirements
Bachelor's Degree Programmes
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|CITIZENSHIP AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT||Attained|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 2 SUBJECTS||2|
Applicants with previous HKDSE subject result of A040 ‘Liberal Studies’ will be used as the alternative of the core subject requirement of A045 ‘Citizenship and Social Development’.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Programme-specific subject requirements, HKDSE Category B subjects (Applied Learning) with attainment at “Attained” or above; or Category C subjects (Other Languages) with attainment at grade E or above can be considered as elective subjects, and up to 2 Applied Learning subjects (excluding Applied Learning Chinese) will be recognized as electives.
- Mathematics Extended Part (i.e. Module 1 (Calculus and Statistics) / Module 2 (Algebra and Calculus)) will be counted as an elective subject. If applicants have taken both Module 1 and Module 2, only the module with best result will be taken into consideration.
- Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) applicants, who have met the specified circumstances as announced by the Education Bureau (EDB), can use the following qualifications to replace HKDSE Chinese Language level 3 to meet the entrance requirement for Chinese Language:
- ‘Attained’ or above in HKDSE Category B (Applied Learning Chinese); or
- Grade E or above in GCE (A-Level / AS-Level / O-Level) Chinese ; or
- Grade E / Grade 3 or above in GCSE / IGCSE Chinese
For programmes with specific entrance requirements on the Chinese Language proficiency, please click here for details.
- In addition to the General Entrance Requirements, individual programme may require specific subject requirements. Also, some programmes may give higher weighting to certain subjects, core and/or elective, and some may also grant preference to certain elective subjects in admission selection. Please refer to the ‘Programme-specific subject requirements’ for details or click here.
- The University accepts combined results of HKDSE examination. The best results will be considered for meeting the entrance requirements and for the calculation of admission scores.
Admissions Scores Calculation
Calculation of Scores for Applicants with More than One Sitting in HKDSE Examination