City University of Hong Kong
General Entrance Requirements
Bachelor's Degree Programmes
|Core Subjects||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 2 SUBJECTS||3|
- Unspecified electives may include Category A elective subjects, Mathematics extended modules (M1/M2) (except for JS1801) and Category C other language subjects (at grade E or above) (except for JS1200, JS1201, JS1217, JS1801, JS1805, JS1806 and JS1807). If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
- Applied Learning (ApL) subjects are not counted as elective subjects, except for JS1041, JS1042, JS1043, JS1044, JS1805, JS1806 and JS1807.
- Please refer to the minimum entrance requirements webpage for details.
- Flexible Admission Arrangement: JUPAS applicants who marginally fail to meet the requirement for programme admission in one core subject may still have the opportunity to gain admission if they have good HKDSE results. For details, click here.
- For details of the alternative Chinese Language qualifications acceptable by the University for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students, please click here.
Admissions Scores Calculation
Calculation of Scores for Applicants with More than One Sitting in HKDSE Examination
CityU accepts repeat results and will use the best results in assessing whether applicants fulfil the entrance requirements and to calculate admission scores.
Interview Arrangements (URL)